Gastroenterology, Gastro Intestinal Surgery
Liver and Digestive Diseases has been set up to provide high quality tertiary level services in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery. Such services, as a cohesive unit, were so far provided only in a handful of India’s premier government institutions. The advantages of a “team” approach i.e. medical and surgical has been well documented in these units and the aim was to extend this to the private sector.
The center has a highly qualified team of doctors which is supported by state of the art equipment such as video endoscopes, laparoscopic surgical equipment, a well equipped ICU and operation theater with an image intensifier. Emergency and elective treatment can be provided for a wide range of liver and digestive disorders from the simplest to the most complex.
- • Liver diseases are a prime focus area for the unit and large numbers of patients with acute and chronic liver disease (cirrhosis) due to hepatitis B, C and A and alcohol
- • In addition to the management the medical team provides counseling and education to patients with liver disease related to alcohol, hepatic viruses and
carriers for hepatitis B
- • Management of liver failure and portal hypertention
- • Treatment for acute and chronic pancreatitis
- • Upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- • Esophageal disorders such as hiatus hernia, reflux motility disorders, varices
- • Gastric and duodenal disorders such as peptic ulcer
- • Intestinal and colorectal diseases including motility disorders, bleeding, malabsorbtion, infections, irritable bowel disease, colitis, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- • LiverDiagnostic esophago-gastric and colonoscopy
- • LiverTherapeutic endoscopic management of upper (peptic ulcer, varices) and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- • LiverEndoscopic gastrostomy
- • LiverDilatation and stenting for strictured of the esophagus, stomach/duodenum and colon
- • LiverEndoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP) – diagnostic and therapeutic with extraction of stones, dilatation of strictures and placement of stents.
The following Gastro-Intestinal Surgical procedures are conducted and the diseases treated by our expert and renowned surgeons.
DISEASE OF ESOPHAGUS:
Achalasia: Laparoscopic Heller S Cardiomyotomy
GERD: Laparoscopic Fundoplication
Corrosive Structure: Esophageal Replacement i.e., Coloplastic / Gastric Conduit
Malignancy: Radical Oesophagectomy
DISEASE OF STOMACH:
Acid Peptic Disease: Laparoscopic Highly Selective Vagotomy, Trunal Vagotomy and Gastrojejunostomy
Foreign Body: Laparoscopic removal of foreign body
Malignancy: Radical Gastrectomy
Appendix: Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Benign/ Malignant Disease: Diagnostic laparoscopic, Resection and Anastomasis
Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Laparoscopic / Open Total Proctocolectomy With Ileal-Anal Pouch Anastomosis
Rectal Prolapse: Laparoscopic Rectopexy
Malignancy: Radical Colectomy, Anterior Resection, Low Anterior Resection, APR (Open + Laparoscopic)
Hemorrhoids: Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
Proctology: Fistulotomy/ Seton Placement for Fistula in Anus, Lateral Internal Sphincterotmy for Anal Fissure.
DISEASES OF LIVER:
a) Benign Disease: Hydatid Disease, Adenoma, Hemangioma
b) Malignant Disease: Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, Metastatic or Primary Neuro Endocrine Tumor
DISSEASE OF GALL BLADAR AND BILE DUCT: Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic/ Open CBD Exploration, Cholecystectomy, Management of Acute Bile Duct Injuries, Bile Duct Strictures, Choledochal Cyst Excision, Radical Cholecystectomy, Surgery for Bile Duct Cancer
DISEASE OF PANCREAS
Management of Auto Pancreatic and its complications
Pseudocyst Pancreas: Laparoscopic Cystogastrostom / Cystojejunostomy
Infected Pancreatic Necrosis: Lap / Open Pancreatic Necrosectomy
Chronic Pancreatic: Frey’s Procedure
Pancreatic Tumor: Whipple Procedure, Distal Pancreatectomy
EMERGENES SURGERIES: Perforation Peritonitis, Bowel Obstruction, Abdomen Tumor
Health Awareness Services
- • Vaccination for Hepatitis A & B
- • Counselling for Alcoholic liver disease and hepatitis, and for liver transplantation.