Profile of Radiographer
- Edit documents consistently and fairly according to transcription guidelines, standards of style, and formats of practice.
- Using preferred standard quality scoring guidelines, calculate and score reports consistently and fairly, weighing the varying degrees of errors against the documentation length.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognise inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Utilise all available reference tools to ensure the accuracy of the transcribed document.
- Provide timely and consistent quality feedback to inform and update the transcriptionists regarding quality issues and areas of concern to help eliminate repetition of errors.
- Recognise, interpret, and evaluate inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation and appropriately clarify and flag or report them, as needed.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.