Profile of Radiographer
- Report for duty according to the planned roster
- Report on time for work
- Present in proper uniform and groom well
- Carries out assigned job given by ward in charge.
- Clean rooms and change linens.
- Assist the nurses for bedside nursing activities
- Assist the nurses to carry out following activities and prepare the patient accordingly
- Admission & Discharge Process.
- Pharmacy Returns and indents.
- Lab Investigations and collection of reports
- Preparation for surgery
- Assisting for procedures.
- Accompany the patient for investigations and other diagnostic procedures if required
- Any delay or problem regarding patient care or procedure inform Staff Nurse/Senior Staff nurse/Team Leader/Nurse supervisor or Shift Nurse Supervisor on duty
- Ensure hand hygiene before and after the procedure and in between patient care
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals and collect food trays
- Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, ice packs, sitz and therapeutic baths.
- Provides patient comfort, answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to Staff Nurse/Team Leader
- Ensure unit equipment and instruments are maintained in good working order.
- Assist the Senior Staff Nurse for checking medications and stock items for expiry dates
- Ensure that Medication/dressing trolleys clean and tidy.
- Nurses station are kept clean always.
- Ensure that Notice boards are tidy.